These are an excellent opportunity for Parents/Carers to come along and hear all about the exciting things that are happening at Orchard as well as learn ways in which to help and encourage learning at home.
Upcoming Coffee Mornings
Autumn Term 2020 / 2021
Coffee Morning sessions will take place every two weeks with Nursery and Reception specific Coffee Morning sessions twice a half term. All Coffee Morning sessions will be video presentations that will be available to view on our school website. A text alert with a link will be sent so that you can easily access the session, as well as any resources usually available during the sessions.
Whilst we may not be able to have in person conversations about your reflections from the session we value your feedback and still want to hear from you. We will be setting up a Survey Monkey questionnaire so that you can share your thoughts with us and let us know what we can do to support you further.
In addition to coffee mornings, Parent Drop In sessions will be launched every second week. We want to make sure that the school is a positive environment for everyone and we know that Friday mornings at school are not just about the content of the presentation but also provide opportunities to meet with other adults from the school community. Although we will be unable to meet in groups, we will be offering you all an opportunity to meet with a member of the Inclusion Team with appointments bookable by the school office.
Autumn 1 Dates
- Friday 11th September Reading: How to support your child to develop their reading and comprehension skills (all year groups)
- Friday 18th September Wellbeing: How to support your child with their transition into school (for EYFS)
- Friday 25th September Maths : How to support your child with recalling their times tables (for Year 2 +)
- Friday 9th October Phonics: A toolkit to help your children learn to read and write (for EYFS, Y1 and Y2)
- Friday 16th October Reading: How to support your child to read at home(for EYFS)
Friday 23rd October Anti-Bullying: Learn what the school does to prevent bullying (all year groups)