School closure means that the majority of pupils will be continuing to learn from home until at least the 8th March.
From October 22nd 2020, the Government set the expectation of provision of remote education in schools, under the Coronavirus Act 2020. This means schools have a duty to provide education to children at home, as they do when children are in the classroom. This helps provide assurances to both pupils and parents that if pupils have to learn at home their education will not be disrupted.
In line with our Remote Learning Policy, we are providing home learning resources to support you and your child.
Learning is uploaded in two week blocks.
Children in Year 4 have access to the following:
- Home reading books (these can be changed by booking an appointment with the school office to visit the home reading library).
- A Destination Reader text provided and a daily activity plan inclusive of key questions available through Google Classroom and the website.
- Daily literacy and numeracy tasks available through Google Classroom and the website.
- Daily key skills learning available through Google Classroom and the website.
- Daily spelling and handwriting available through Google Classroom and the website.
- A weekly humanities lesson and weekly science lesson available through Google Classroom and the website.
We have set below an example home learning timetable to follow each day and would ask for an adult to be available to spend time each day supporting core learning.
KS2 Home Learning Timetable
|One hour||One hour||30 minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|Literacy Task and Numeracy Daily Task||Destination Reader reading and task||Break||Home reading book and diary completion||Key Skills daily task||Lunch||Spelling and handwriting||Timestable Rockstars / Mathletics|
Families who do not have access to suitable technology to view resources should request a paper pack which can be collected or posted to you on request.
Teachers will be making calls to check learning progress across the week.