The Green Team feature in a Guardian news article, 'Pupil power: how students are turning schools gr...
The Green Team are responsible for:
- Maintain the school’s Green Flag Award (we are the only school in Hackney with this award!)
- Running projects to ensure and sustain environmental awareness
- Meeting fortnightly to discuss key issues
- Recycling across the school
- The walk to School fortnight
2020 – 2021
We are delighted to have elected our Eco Team for the new academic year. As a Green Flag School, our Eco Team continue to drive a continue focus on sustainable living and ensuring a ‘green’ approach.
Meeting Minutes 2020 – 2021
- Eco Team Meeting Minutes 11.05.21
- Eco Team Meeting Minutes 27.04.21
- Eco Team Meeting Minutes 17.11.20
- Eco Team Meeting Minutes 16.10.19
Cross Site Meetings 2020 – 2021
Highlights of 2019 – 2020
We have been collating evidence towards the
Our re-accreditation of the ‘Green Flag’ award, which Orchard first received in July 2015 was successful this year. To gain this award the Green Team demonstrated continued success in all areas of the Eco Schools award criteria. The re-accreditation took place in January 2020 and we continue to be the only school in Hackney to have received the award!
Did you see Orchard in the Hackney Gazette in October? Read the article here.
And we made the paper again in January 2020! Read the article here.
Action Plan 2019 – 2020
Pupil Voice Leaflet
Minutes 2019 – 2020
- Green Team Meeting 1 2019 – 2020
- Green Team Meeting 2 2019 – 2020
- Green Team Meeting 3 2019 – 2020
- Green Team Meeting 4 2019 – 2020
- Green Team Meeting 5 2019 – 2020
- Green Team Meeting 6 2019 – 2020
Cross Site Meetings 2019 – 2020
The Eco Teams from Orchard, Southwold and Hoxton Garden Schools meet termly to discuss their action plans, impact and discuss strategies for ensuring sustainability across the school.
Highlights of 2018 – 2019
2018 – 2019 was a busy year for our Green Team.
- The children engaged in a range of Fair Trade focus activities including the hosting of Fair Trade fortnight in the Spring Term during which a fairtrade football match was held alongside a ‘Bake a Difference’ sale and an information sharing event.
- The school hosted a networking event working with Sustainable Hackney to discuss how sustainability can be developed through the curriculum which was attended by parents, teachers and Governors.
- Recycling and waste management continued to be a focus building on the previous year and ensuring the Eco Code in place was being upheld by all pupils.
Here are a few select pictures from Fair Trade Fortnight:
Minutes 2018 – 2019
- Green Team Meeting 1 2018 – 2019
- Green Team Meeting 2 2018 – 2019
- Green Team Meeting 3 2018 – 2019
- Green Team Meeting 4 2018 – 2019