- Set the example in your class by always having the correct PE kit (and swimming kit in year 4)
- Be responsible for taking the PE kit register every lesson
- Support your teacher in setting up and tidying away the equipment in every lesson
- Support your teacher in showing the other children in your class how to complete the activities in your lessons
- Be responsible for using the iPad to take photographs during the lesson
- Support Miss Byrne and outdoor break/ lunch time staff in ensuring the PE cupboard is tidy and well organised
The school Sports Ambassadors, since being established in Autumn term, have been proudly fulfilling their role. The children elected wear their badges with pride and are considered class role models to their peers. They represent their class in fortnightly meetings where they share the great practise and outcomes of the PE lessons being taught. All ambassadors have been helping to increase the number of children who are bringing their PE kits into school through the use of an in class kit checklist chart. These children are also responsible for helping their class teacher evidence the great outcomes and learning which is happening in their class, by using an iPad to take photographs. They also support their class teacher by helping to collect, organise and tidy away equipment at the beginning and end of each lesson. The Sports Ambassadors are also great at assisting their class teacher to model the key skills being taught throughout their lessons.
Year 2’s theme for Work Week 2018 was ‘Working with Animals.’ In our classes we had a circle time where we discussed and thought showered all the different types of employment surrounding the nature of working with animals. Throughout the week the children had more brilliant discussions, sharing their ideas and thoughts on what it would be like to work not only with animals, but in other jobs too! Year 2 were lucky enough to receive a visit from our local vet and a veterinary nurse (Goddards Veterinary Group, Hackney). The professionals brought in lots of photographs to help describe their day to day job along with some of their technical equipment which they use daily to help treat and care for many of the animals.
On Wednesday 31st January ten children from Year 5 represented the school in the first Cross Country race of the term at Hackney Downs. Despite the weather being cold and wet, every runner proudly represented the school by completing the 1.316k course with enthusiasm and great determination. Well done everyone!