Governors meet each term as a full governing body and once each term as a subcommittee with a structured calendar of meetings over the year.
Thursday 3rd October 2019 at Orchard, 6pm
· Election of Chair & Vice Chair.
· Agreement of terms of reference
· Executive Headteachers Report (Incorporating School Subcommittee Reports)
· Consideration of SIP annual reports & headline data outcomes
· Presentation of draft School Development Plans & associated review of year gone
· Key areas for improvement identified & Identify objectives for the year
· Staffing and teacher professional development & impact
· Governor training, development and self-evaluation
· Senior management team proposes attainment targets for the year.
· National Agendas and Risk Management
· Consideration of key policies
(Premises Finance, Pay and Personnel)
31st October at Orchard, 4:30pm
· Agreement of terms of reference & Chair.
· Budget status report
· ½ Year budget review & forecast. Assessment of status of budgets and agree any changes.
· Pay Committee meet before 31st October to agree HT performance management & staff pay recommendations.
17th October 2019, 5pm
31st October 2019, 6pm
28th November 2019, 5pm
· Election of Chair & Vice Chair
· Headteachers Report including School Self Evaluation
· Outcome of external reviews & evaluations e.g SIP reports
· Headline Data presented and analysed for key trends in context of overall National position.
· Impact of PPG & Sports Premium
· The school development plan and key actions.
· Review of yearly calendar of whole school events.
Open Morning Visit to Southwold for all Governors including visits to classrooms
and presentation on key curriculum area & book look/meeting with pupils
Thursday 30th January 2020 at Southwold, 6pm
· Consideration of SIP reports
· Actions & impact against areas for improvement
27th February 2020 at Orchard
(Pre-Subcommittee Meeting) 4:30pm
· ¾ Year budget review & forecast
· Assessment of status of budgets and agree any changes.
· Staffing update
· SFVS Review
· Staffing Structure and recruitment
· Consideration of accessibility & review of Health & Safety Documentation
13th February 2020, 5pm
27th February 2020, 6pm
19th March 2020, 5pm
· Headteachers Report
· Progress towards end of year targets
· Teaching profile and strategic/CPD actions
· Consideration of provision for SEN/PPG & Vulnerable pupils.
· Review of Attendance targets & strategies
· Pupil & parents views of the school evaluated, key areas of focus identified considered
Open Morning Visit to Hoxton Garden for all Governors including visits to classrooms
Wednesday 20th May 2020
at Hoxton Garden, 6pm
· Governor training, development and self evaluation
· Approval of new budget as recommended by Finance committee
20th May 2020 at Hoxton Garden
(Pre-Governing Body) 4:30pm
· Year End budget review & forecast
· Assessment of status of budget and agree any changes.
· Review new budget and agree recommendations to full Governing body.
· Premises works and strategic actions
11th June 2020, 5pm
18th June 2020, 5pm
9th July 2020, 5pm
· Consideration of provision for SEN/PPG & Vulnerable pupils & links with other agencies
· Strategic Planning for new academic year
Open Morning Visit to Orchard for all Governors including visits to classrooms
Link Governor Visits
Observation of pupil progress meetings
Attendance at whole school events
Sub Committee/Individual focussed audits of provision